The always benevolent Super Scoreboard has been updated to reflect the Spring 2012 Women’s Lacrosse schedule. Expect a press release soon. For now, here are the games. I assume this is all of them. Presumably all home games are at Sherman except as Noted.
Saturday, February 18: vs. Iona, 1:00 PM
Saturday, February 25: vs. Quinnipiac 1:00 PM
Wednesday, February 29: vs. Boston College, 3:00 PM
Wednesday, March 7: at New Hampshire, 3:30 PM
Saturday, March 10: vs. Fairfield, 1:00 PM
Friday, March 16: at Sacred Heart, 3:00 PM
Saturday, March 24: vs. Syracuse, 1:00 PM
Friday, March 30: at Georgetown, 4:00 PM
Sunday, April 1: at Rutgers, 1:00 PM
Saturday, April 7: at Columbia, 1:00 PM
Saturday, April 14: vs. Notre Dame, 12:00 PM
Friday, April 20: at Cincinnati, 3:30 PM
Sunday, April 22: at Louisville, 1:00 PM
Friday, April 27: vs. Villanova, 4:00 PM
Sunday, April 29: vs. Loyola, 1:00 PM
So, presuming this is the real and complete schedule, here are some thoughts:
- It’s good to see we’re opening in the afternoon this time instead of on 4:00 PM on a rainy, dreary day. Let’s hope the sun is shining when we take the field against Iona.
- The game against Quinnipiac is the same day as College Gameday comes to Storrs for the basketball game vs. Syracuse. Gameday will go off air at noon, and the ticket hallway back to Sherman provides a good exit strategy. Plus, you get to see the game. Interestingly, that’s supposed to be Senior Night for the Men’s Ice Hockey team as well. If the women aren’t hosting a Hockey East quarterfinal, that may get bumped up to afternoon. Which could make for a very interesting Saturday.
- I’m guessing the road game at Columbia has some connection to the basketball game they’re playing at our place. Those have a funny way of popping up.
- Two games over Finals Weekend this year. Procrastinators, beware. Or happy, for now.
- Outdoor Track also has the “Dog Fight” meet at home on the 14th. What this means for the women’s lacrosse vs. Notre Dame, I don’t know. They used to play at Morrone, perhaps a game there?
Note: A game against Iona on February 18th was not included in an earlier version of this post. Additionally, that post implied that the February 25th game was the opener. This has been remedied.